Sunday 15 September 2024

 

The sacred contract

Some of us would have made our sacred contract in the Garden of Remembrance. The sacred contract is a promise made when we were in spirit form. If you have made a sacred contract it would be activating in this life. Universally, the contract is similar to a promise. As with many promises, not all are honored.

Some promises are karmic in nature. These promises are to others to balance or repay karma. However, the sacred promise is not like the karmic promise. In my understanding, sacred contracts are specifically made for spiritual endeavors. You would have agreed to fulfill a particular mission, like being a healer or advancing some area using spiritual means. When I speak of it being spiritual work, I mean coming from a spiritual intention. It does not have to be only in a spiritual area like healing or Reiki. Our sacred contract can be work we will do in society like science, finance or beginning a particular project. Part of our sacred contract could be in supporting a project to take off and be successful. A sacred contract made in the Garden of Remembrance holds much weight. It is not to be taken lightly. It is a promise to serve the bearers of the Light while on earth.

Of course, we don’t have to do it. I have met lots of people who just couldn’t go through with the contract once they arrived here. Often these people needed to sort through their own stuff, face their issues and heal before they could begin their real work. Given the challenge of all that personal work, many simply walked away. Maybe they will honor their promise another time. I do believe our own issues need to be cleared before the real work begins and honestly, that part can be extremely hard.

The sacred vow usually involves contracts made to support others too, and I have found that along the way, desertion is a very real outcome. Perhaps we were supposed to work with someone, and then they decided not to do it with us. In these situations, their decision will directly affect our plans to complete our contract. Once they leave, it takes time and new resources before we can follow the path again.

During the years, I have always felt a strong drive to do the work, while others around me have not shared my enthusiasm. I have met countless readers and healers who have chosen to move back into mainstream. In retrospect, I think several of them were meant to work with me, and now their decision has changed my course too. We may have to accept other’s choices if they don’t want to carry out the work. Spirit will send in replacements. It just takes time.

The sacred contract directly affects marriages and long-term partnerships. If it was written that our partner was supposed to work with us on the same project and chooses otherwise, the whole plan goes astray. Unfortunately, I have also discovered that if one person is steaming ahead, while the other one is far behind, the relationship can get out of sync. This poses a real threat both to the relationship and the promise made. The same thing can happen in relationships at work.

We always have free will, even when a sacred contract is agreed on. I believe there is little point in giving up, as we will probably have to come back in another life to do it again. I would rather soldier through it this time.

We will know if we are one of the sacred contract groups. By understanding the setup, we will be able to understand our strong conviction in the work we have to complete. I believe it was easier once my head understood what my soul already knew, that we are a complimentary team working together for the same goal. Although I understood my vow it took time for my sacred work to unfold, and I had to wait for guidance and assistance along the way. Our spiritual helpers are clever as they choose to show us step by step. I think if they revealed everything from the beginning it might be too much to comprehend, and we might run away.

Enjoy your service work as it unfolds. Eventually, as you look back, you will marvel at how beautifully it has been designed, and you will be pleased you stayed and completed your sacred contract.

No comments:

Post a Comment