Monday 16 September 2024

 

Rest and recreation life

Every four or five lives we opt for the rest and recreation life. After dealing with many of our lessons we give ourselves a break. During this life things go pretty easily with no real dramas and no great learning. It’s like a “breather” along the way. These paths are set up in a similar way to the other paths, except that they are not as challenging.

As I mentioned in an earlier chapter, we can recognize the people who are on a rest and recreation life because they seem to have very good lives. While we are struggling with constant dramas, they just breeze through life. There seems to be few difficulties in their world. They have enough love, money and plenty of opportunities.

It can feel weird when our own life is so contrasting, but don’t despair, for in time we will reach the rest and recreation life too. As a rule, we have a support person with us who is experiencing the rest and recreation life, while we are living in the soap opera one. It is good to have these souls to travel along the journey with us, as they create stability. The paths in this life are fairly similar. Few challenges will arise on them, and it is only a matter of personal choice which one we opt for.

Rest and recreation lives are a chance to recuperate and enjoy the human experience. It’s like sitting in the middle of the see-saw instead of the two ends, so there are few ups and downs. Family life is normal and without too many dramas and there is enough work, money and usually plenty of travel to enjoy. Time is made available for creative pursuits and fun activities. All in all, it’s a great human and spiritual holiday.

When I first encountered people living these lives, I could not understand it. Why was my life full of challenges and theirs so easy? Was there a lesson for me?

Now that I know the way the paths work, I can understand why we would set up a life like this. I realize that my rest and recreation life is coming up, and I look forward to it. In my case, I hope sooner rather than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment